Weatherized households = healthier wallets. On average, weatherized households reduce their annual energy costs by $218. This savings helps low-income families have more money to spend on food, medicine, and other essentials.
DO YOU NEED WEATHERIZATION SERVICES?
Answer the following questions to see if weatherization might be able to help you:
- In the winter, do you feel cold drafts coming from your windows and/or doors, even when they’re closed?
- In the winter, do you run the heater all day just to stay warm?
- In the summer, do you have to keep your air conditioner on all the time?
- Are your heating and cooling bills too expensive?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, your home may benefit from weatherization services. CSET uses its Sequoia Community Corps to provide the labor for these weatherization services. Corps members, supervised by CSET’s certified on-staff contractors, develop useful skills while gaining on-the-job training. To date, CSET has weatherized over 3,600 homes in Tulare County.
WEATHERIZATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM HOTLINE
Eligible clients must meet program income guidelines and be identified as “priority” under guidelines. Individuals must also provide the following documents:
- Most recent electric bill
- Most recent gas or propane bill
- Proof of income for the last four weeks for everyone living in the home
- Applicant’s Social Security Card
TYPES OF WEATHERIZATION INCLUDE:
- Weather stripping exterior doors
- Water restrictors
- Low-flow showerheads
- Water heater blankets
- Switch and outlet gaskets
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Glass and window replacement
- Furnace repair or replacement
- Gas appliance repair or replacement
- Ceiling insulation
- Other minor home repairs
DID YOU KNOW?
- CSET uses its Sequoia Community Corps to provide the labor for these weatherization services. Corps members, supervised by CSET’s certified on-staff contractors, develop useful skills while getting on-the-job training. To date, CSET has weatherized over 3,600 homes in Tulare County.
- CSET is Lead-Safe certified by the EPA to conduct lead-based paint renovation, repair and painting activities during the performance of weatherization services. CSET is also a Lead-Safe licensed California General Contractor. License number B766382.
- The Department of Community Services & Development (CSD) administers energy efficiency and weatherization programs for qualifying low-income Californians. All weatherization services are funded by both state and federal monies and deliver economic, environmental, and public health benefits.
To find out if you qualify for weatherization, call the CSET Weatherization Hotline at 1-844-224-1316.