Since 1976, CSET has been the Community Action Agency for Tulare County. We are a non-profit agency established to fight America's War on Poverty.
CSET inspires youth, families, and communities to achieve self-reliance through innovative pathways and collaboration.
We share a vision for communities and residents to gain the knowledge, skills and resources needed to achieve the American Dream. To achieve this vision, we commit ourselves to these core values:
- We strive to assist residents regionally in improving their lives.
- We create opportunities for children, youth, parents, and families to be competitive in an increasingly challenging economy.
- We continue to strengthen our organization by developing internal leadership, embracing diversity, and maintaining integrity in every venture.
- We seek partnerships with other agencies to provide the best possible services to our community.
"We must open the doors of opportunity. But, we must also equip our people to walk through those doors.
- President Lyndon B. Johnson, 1964
STATISTIC OF THE MONTH
MyFreeTaxes.com - Easy, Safe, Secure and 100% Free
Do you make under $64,000? If so, visit MyFreeTaxes.com to file your taxes for free!
Nearly 600 people in our community took advantage of this great offer last year and we expect that number to grow in 2017.
In addition to MyFreeTaxes.com, CSET is proud to offer services like the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. VITA is a free, IRS-sponsored program to help low and moderate-income taxpayers complete their annual tax returns at no cost. VITA provides free tax preparation and electronic filing services to Tulare County households with less than $54,000 annual income. In tax year 2016, VITA filed more than 2,000 tax returns, which brought more than $3.2 million back to Tulare County residents.
WHAT WE DO
Community Services Employment Training (CSET) serves to reveal the greatness that is in everyone by providing education and training, facilitating youth and community development, and creating jobs and resources. Our purpose is to reduce the causes of poverty. We envision healthy, prosperous and safe communities- communities where a good life can be found and native sons and daughters return to raise the next generation of Tulare County citizens.
WE CAN HELP YOU
- Share your resources
- Find a job or receive training
- Learn how to start a business
- Earn your high school diploma
- Provide housing assistance
- Get involved in your community
- And more!
WE INVITE YOU
To discover how CSET might help you meet your goals. If you are searching for an opportunity to improve the circumstances of your life or are ready to share your success with your community, please contact us.