Since 1976, CSET has been the Community Action Agency for Tulare County. We are a non-profit agency established to fight America's War on Poverty.
CSET inspires youth, families, and communities to achieve self-reliance through innovative pathways and collaboration.
We share a vision for communities and residents to gain the knowledge, skills and resources needed to achieve the American Dream. To achieve this vision, we commit ourselves to these core values:
- We strive to assist residents regionally in improving their lives.
- We create opportunities for children, youth, parents, and families to be competitive in an increasingly challenging economy.
- We continue to strengthen our organization by developing internal leadership, embracing diversity, and maintaining integrity in every venture.
- We seek partnerships with other agencies to provide the best possible services to our community.
"We must open the doors of opportunity. But, we must also equip our people to walk through those doors.
- President Lyndon B. Johnson, 1964
STATISTIC OF THE MONTH
Drought Resource Centers
CSET is proud to operate two Drought Resource Centers that provide drought relief to families living without running water. The centers are home to emergency bottled water distribution and offer residents dry well reporting assistance, mobile shower access, and energy and weatherization services. The centers also provide referral assistance to partner agencies like the Housing Authority of Tulare County and the Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency. Since the summer of 2015, the Drought Resource Centers in East Porterville and Cutler have:
• Assisted over 3,000 drought-impacted families
• Been visited nearly 14,000 times
• Distributed over 30,000 cases of bottled water
WHAT WE DO
Community Services Employment Training (CSET) serves to reveal the greatness that is in everyone by providing education and training, facilitating youth and community development, and creating jobs and resources. Our purpose is to reduce the causes of poverty. We envision healthy, prosperous and safe communities- communities where a good life can be found and native sons and daughters return to raise the next generation of Tulare County citizens.
WE CAN HELP YOU
- Share your resources
- Find a job or receive training
- Learn how to start a business
- Earn your high school diploma
- Provide housing assistance
- Get involved in your community
- And more!
WE INVITE YOU
To discover how CSET might help you meet your goals. If you are searching for an opportunity to improve the circumstances of your life or are ready to share your success with your community, please contact us.