Since 1976, CSET has been the Community Action Agency for Tulare County. We are a non-profit agency established to fight America's War on Poverty.
CSET inspires youth, families, and communities to achieve self-reliance through innovative pathways and collaboration.
We share a vision for communities and residents to gain the knowledge, skills and resources needed to achieve the American Dream. To achieve this vision, we commit ourselves to these core values:
- We strive to assist residents regionally in improving their lives.
- We create opportunities for children, youth, parents, and families to be competitive in an increasingly challenging economy.
- We continue to strengthen our organization by developing internal leadership, embracing diversity, and maintaining integrity in every venture.
- We seek partnerships with other agencies to provide the best possible services to our community.
"We must open the doors of opportunity. But, we must also equip our people to walk through those doors.
- President Lyndon B. Johnson, 1964
STATISTIC OF THE MONTH
Transitional Youth Blossom
Investing in Tulare County youth has always been a major focus for CSET. One way we do that is through the Youth Transitions program, which serves young people between the ages of 16-21. With our partners at the County of Tulare, we've worked to open Extra Help positions within the county, specifically designed for youth participating in the Youth Transitions program.
Youth receive mentoring, career counseling and work ethics training. Activities include classroom instruction, site visits and presentations from employers. The program places an emphasis on serving foster youth, some of whom go on to interview and attain permanent county positions or positions with local businesses after completing the program.
In February alone, six participants were chosen to interview for full-time positions within the county!
WHAT WE DO
Community Services Employment Training (CSET) serves to reveal the greatness that is in everyone by providing education and training, facilitating youth and community development, and creating jobs and resources. Our purpose is to reduce the causes of poverty. We envision healthy, prosperous and safe communities- communities where a good life can be found and native sons and daughters return to raise the next generation of Tulare County citizens.
WE CAN HELP YOU
- Share your resources
- Find a job or receive training
- Learn how to start a business
- Earn your high school diploma
- Provide housing assistance
- Get involved in your community
- And more!
WE INVITE YOU
To discover how CSET might help you meet your goals. If you are searching for an opportunity to improve the circumstances of your life or are ready to share your success with your community, please contact us.