Since 1976, CSET has been the Community Action Agency for Tulare County. We are a non-profit agency established to fight America's War on Poverty.
"We must open the doors of opportunity. But, we must also equip our people to walk through those doors." - President Lyndon B. Johnson, 1964
CSET inspires youth, families, and communities to achieve self-reliance through innovative pathways and collaboration.
We share a vision for communities and residents to gain the knowledge, skills and resources needed to achieve the American Dream. To achieve this vision, we commit ourselves to these core values:
- We strive to assist residents regionally in improving their lives.
- We create opportunities for children, youth, parents, and families to be competitive in an increasingly challenging economy.
- We continue to strengthen our organization by developing internal leadership, embracing diversity, and maintaining integrity in every venture.
- We seek partnerships with other agencies to provide the best possible services to our community.
WHAT WE DO
CSET serves to reveal the greatness that is in everyone by providing education and training, facilitating youth and community development, and creating jobs and resources. Our purpose is to reduce the causes of poverty. We envision healthy, prosperous and safe communities- communities where a good life can be found and native sons and daughters return to raise the next generation of Tulare County citizens.
WE CAN HELP YOU
- Share your resources
- Find a job or receive training
- Learn how to start a business
- Earn your high school diploma
- Provide housing assistance
- Get involved in your community
- And more!